|Title:||Family Nurse Practitioner|
|Department:||Office of Student Affairs|
Number of Vacancies: 1
Employment Status: Full-Time, Temporary
Pay Plan, Series & Grade: AD610/AD0058/Grade 05/1-8
Salary Range: $61,540.00-$77,955.00
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Location: Van Ness Campus, Washington, DC
Brief Description of Duties:
- The position serves as a Family Nurse Practitioner and supervises direct primary care and treatment to patients including physical examinations, diagnosis and referrals according to accepted standards of medical practice.
- Oversees the daily medical entries in electronic medical records in the computer to ensure compliance.
- Establishes the prescribing authority for medical services.
- Provides for full operation of the clinic to ensure compliance to standard medical practices.
- Management of the clinical medical drug formulary.
- Provides initial on-site emergency response, triage, assessment and referrals for acute medical conditions that may arise on campus.
- Provides required clinical services such as health appraisals, immunizations, disease screening and physical examinations for students in the health and teaching professions and for student registration.
- Provides sick care services for students, employees and official visitors.
- Performs physical examinations, diagnoses and referrals according to accepted standards of medical practice for adolescents and adults.
- Provides women's health care.
- Provides direct medical care in the presence of illness or disability in order to maintain life, reduce stress and enhance coping ability.
- Supervises training for nursing students from the UDC School of Allied Health and Nurse Practitioner students from other universities as authorized.Maintains accountability for ordering, storage and issuance of medications including controlled substances according to standard medical practices and policies.
- Completes written or computerized orders to procure additional medicines, equipment and supplies as needed.
- Minimum of three (3) years as a family nurse with emphasis in gynecology and primary care. Five (5) years experience preferred.
- Current license in the District of Columbia as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Graduate from an approved/accredited university based program for Family Nurse Practitioner with a Masters degree in Nursing (Emphasis in gynecology and primary care).
- Experience in the general operations of clinic or ambulatory health services.
- Credentialed with Medicare and third party health insurance payers with active National Providers Identification numbers.
- Certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation with Automated External Defibrillator Component (CPR/AED)
Information to Applicant
Condition of Employment: This is a sponsored program appointment. The duration of this appointment is subject to grant fund availability.
Collective Bargaining Unit (Non-Union): This position is not in the collective bargaining unit.
Employment Benefits: Selectee may be eligible for health and life insurance, annual (vacation) and sick leave and will be covered under the University of the District of Columbia's retirement plan (TIAA-CREF).
Veterans Preference: Applicants claiming veterans preference must submit official proof at the time of application.
Residency Preference: The Residency Preference Amendment Act of 1988, D.C. Law 7-203, created a system in which provides that any applicant for employment in the Career or Educational Services who is a bona fide resident of the District of Columbia may claim a residency reference at the time of application. An applicant selected for an appointment based on District residency will be required to submit no less than eight (8) proofs of bona fide District residency. Bona fide District residency must be maintained from the date of appointment to the position for seven (7) consecutive years. Failure to maintain bona fide District residency for the (7) year period will result in forfeiture of employment.
Drug-Free Workplace: Pursuant to the requirements of the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988, the individual selected to fill this position will, as a condition of employment, be required to notify his/her immediate supervisor, in writing, not later than five (5) days after conviction of any criminal drug statute occurring in the workplace.
Background Investigation: Employment with the University of the District of Columbia is contingent upon a satisfactory background investigation. The determination of a "satisfactory background investigation" is made at the sole discretion of the University of the District of Columbia. The University may refuse to hire a finalist, rescind an offer of employment to a finalist or review and terminate the employment of a current employee based on the results of a background investigation.
Disposition of Resume: Resumes received outside the area of consideration and/or after the closing date will not be given consideration. You must resubmit your resume to receive consideration for any subsequent advertised position vacancies. For the purpose of employment, resumes are not considered job applications. Therefore, if selected for employment a UDC application will be required.
Job Offers: Official Job Offers are made by the University of the District of Columbia, Office of Human Resources Only.
Contact Information: All inquiries related to employment and job applications should be directed to UDC Office of Human Resources at (202) 274-5020.
The University of the District of Columbia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For a full version of the University's EO Policy Statement, please visit: http://www.udc.edu/equal opportunity/.