|Title:||Director of the Center for Sustainable Development|
Number of Vacancies: 1
Employment Status: Full Time, Temporary
Pay Plan, Series & Grade:0031/05/1-10
Salary Range: $61,540.00-$82,645.00
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Location: Van Ness Campus, Washington, DC
Brief Description of Duties:
- Supervises and manages staff, allocates work responsibilities and assignments for all Center for Sustainable Development program units within AES and CES.
- Establishes a team approach to work within the program unit and with the Associate Deans of Program and Operations as well as the Dean of CAUSES/Director of AES & CES.
- Works closely with the Associate Dean to foster regional, national and international recognition of the College through effective and well-positioned Center for Sustainable Development programming.
- Coordinates, evaluates and improves Center for Sustainable Development programs and/or program components in support of the mission, reach and effectiveness of CAUSES.
- Collaborates closely with the Associate Dean for Programs on program development related matters.
- Analyzes, reviews and monitors Center for Sustainable Development program implementation and effectiveness and conducts regular program assessments.
- Communicates Center for Sustainable Development program goals and desired outcomes as well as implementation procedures to CAUSES staff as needed.
- Manages all Center for Sustainable Development program assessments to provide substantive information for project reviews, reports, and continuous improvement.
- Coordinates the Plan of Work and Plan of Work Updates for all Center for Sustainable Development program staff in AES and CES as required by sponsoring agencies.
- Works closely with the Associate Dean for Programs to foster cross-discipline, University-wide involvement in initiatives as assigned.
- Supports the alignment of the Dean’s objectives and work plan and ensure that those objectives are carried out in the Center for Sustainable Development.
- Works with all program staff to foster a collaborative environment conducive to excellence in research, outreach and teaching.
- Encourages and foster excellence in teaching, scholarship, professional and university service.
- Oversees and conducts staff evaluations for all Center for Sustainable Development program staff in AES and CES.
- Represent the Associate Dean for Programs in appropriate internal and external meetings as assigned .
- Master’s Degree (Doctoral degree preferred)
- A minimum of six years of experience in increasingly responsible academic, research and administrative positions
Information to Applicant
Condition of Employment: This is a sponsored program appointment. The duration of this appointment is subject to grant fund availability.
Collective Bargaining Unit (Non-Union): This position is not in the collective bargaining unit.
Employment Benefits: Selectee may be eligible for health and life insurance, annual (vacation) and sick leave and will be covered under the University of the District of Columbia’s retirement plan (TIAA-CREF).
Veterans Preference: Applicants claiming veterans preference must submit official proof at the time of application.
Residency Preference: The Residency Preference Amendment Act of 1988, D.C. Law 7-203, created a system in which provides that any applicant for employment in the Career or Educational Services who is a bona fide resident of the District of Columbia may claim a residency reference at the time of application. An applicant selected for an appointment based on District residency will be required to submit no less than eight (8) proofs of bona fide District residency. Bona fide District residency must be maintained from the date of appointment to the position for seven (7) consecutive years. Failure to maintain bona fide District residency for the (7) year period will result in forfeiture of employment.
Drug-Free Workplace: Pursuant to the requirements of the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988, the individual selected to fill this position will, as a condition of employment, be required to notify his/her immediate supervisor, in writing, not later than five (5) days after conviction of any criminal drug statute occurring in the workplace.
Background Investigation: Employment with the University of the District of Columbia is contingent upon a satisfactory background investigation. The determination of a "satisfactory background investigation" is made at the sole discretion of the University of the District of Columbia. The University may refuse to hire a finalist, rescind an offer of employment to a finalist or review and terminate the employment of a current employee based on the results of a background investigation.
Disposition of Resume: Resumes received outside the area of consideration and/or after the closing date will not be given consideration. You must resubmit your resume to receive consideration for any subsequent advertised position vacancies. For the purpose of employment, resumes are not considered job applications. Therefore, if selected for employment a UDC application will be required.
Job Offers: Official Job Offers are made by the University of the District of Columbia, Office of Human Resources Only.
Contact Information: All inquiries related to employment and job applications should be directed to UDC Office of Human Resources at (202) 274-5020.
The University of the District of Columbia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For a full version of the University’s EO Policy Statement, please visit: http://www.udc.edu/equal opportunity/.