Resident Banner Functional Specialist
|Title:||Resident Banner Functional Specialist|
|Department:||Office of Registrar|
Number of Vacancies: 1
Position Status: Full-time, Regular
Pay Plan, Series & Grade: AD 2210/04/1-6
Salary Range: $68,936.00 - $90,072.00
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Location: Van Ness Campus, Washington, DC
Brief Description of Duties:
- Provides direct customer-centric support to the Office of the Registrar and the Office of Recruitment and Admissions, with respect to Banner and related systems.
- Delivers end-user driven solutions using the appropriate software technology; understanding university business processes with respect to Banner and related systems.
- Translates end-user driven solution requirements into technical specifications in coordination with IT change management process; communicating time estimates, level-of effort estimates, and level of complexity and keeping abreast of related technology advances and trends.
- Develops enrollment related reports and work with the Reporting and Data Standards committees and other committees as assigned.
- Providitechnical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with programs.
- Training end users or technical support staff to use and support Banner.
- Performs a wide variety of administrative duties essential to operational efficiency of the Banner System.
- Extensive and detailed knowledge with using Banner Student Module and at least 10 years of related experience in technical support of administrative information systems.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Information to Applicant
Collective Bargaining Unit (Non-Union): This position is not in the collective bargaining unit.
Employment Benefits: Selectee will be eligible for health and life insurance, annual (vacation) and sick leave and will be covered under the University of the District of Columbia' s retirement plan (TIAA-CREF).
Veterans Preference: Applicants claiming veterans preference must submit official proof at the time of application.
Residency Preference: The Residency Preference Amendment Act of 1988, D.C. Law 7-203, created a system in which provides that any applicant for employment in the Career or Educational Services who is a bona fide resident of the District of Columbia may claim a residency reference at the time of application. An applicant selected for an appointment based on District residency will be required to submit no less than eight (8) proofs of bona fide District residency. Bona fide District residency must be maintained from the date of appointment to the position for seven (7) consecutive years. Failure to maintain bona fide District residency for the (7) year period will result in forfeiture of employment.
Drug-Free Workplace: Pursuant to the requirements of the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988, the individual selected to fill this position will, as a condition of employment, be required to notify his/her immediate supervisor, in writing, not later than five (5) days after conviction of any criminal drug statute occurring in the workplace.
Background Investigation: Employment with the University of the District of Columbia is contingent upon a satisfactory background investigation. The determination of a "satisfactory background investigation" is made at the sole discretion of the University of the District of Columbia. The University may refuse to hire a finalist, rescind an offer of employment to a finalist or review and terminate the employment of a current employee based on the results of a background investigation.
Disposition of Resume: Resumes received outside the area of consideration and/or after the closing date will not be given consideration. You must resubmit your resume to receive consideration for any subsequent advertised position vacancies. For the purpose of employment, resumes are not considered job applications. Therefore, if selected for employment a UDC application will be required.
Job Offers: Official Job Offers are made by the University of the District of Columbia, Office of Human Resources Only.
Contact Information: All inquiries related to employment and job applications should be directed to UDC Office of Human Resources at (202) 274-5020.
The University of the District of Columbia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For a full version of the University’s EO Policy Statement, please visit: http://www.udc.edu/equal opportunity/.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications